Delacruz Pastry

My photo
Susupe, Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Our Story...

(to be continued)

Delacruz Pastry was first recognized in creating apigigi and specializing in tamales mendioka.
Apigigi was made by scratch. The metate' and manu' were used to grind the coconut. Because the coconut was slippery, homemade tapioca starch was added along with water and sugar for taste. Then wrapped in banana leaves and grilled on the teppan, also known as cast iron grill heated with firewood.

The original metate' (stone block) and manu' (stone grinder) used to make apigigi.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I have been in search for the mahna pie recipe :) I would really love to learn how to make it. So, I am asking kindly if you can to email me the recipe, I would really appreciate it.

    eliron2@yahoo.com

    Thanks so much!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete